What is the CREDITS Wallet?
The CREDITS Wallet is a client-side interface for secure and easy interacting with CREDITS blockchain. For some reasons, sometimes it’s better to use only the CREDITS Wallet — it is rather easy, flexible and available from any device.
For example, you only want to execute operations with already deployed Smart Contract and don’t need to compile your own, or you intend to make only simple transactions, like currency transfers — the Wallet account will be suitable for these purposes. Another advantage of this version is that there is no need to synchronise your account with blockchain. Your personal data is saved and nothing is transmitted to the network or to the platform’s server.
Initiating a transaction
You can execute a number of operations within existing Smart Contracts and transfer values. To initiate any transaction, proceed to the working space in your account.
Currency and values transfer (CS and credits-based tokens)
To transfer currency and values, use your private data. Don’t forget that you need to know the recipient account number to make the transfer complete. In your work panel it is possible to monitor the details of current and previously executed transactions.
Check and control balance in your Wallet. To check balance you should log in — the first you will see is an amount of your CS’s.
Checking your transactions history
The history of transactions is logged in your account and it is always easy to check it.
For using the web-client, it is necessary to update your web-browser. The Minimum version for each web-browser is listed below:
- IE 10;
- Safari 9, iOS 9;
- Android 5.0, Edge 13 and higher.
Creating New Account
If you already have an account, just pass this step. Click Sign in, enter your credentials to login in your account.
If you are a new user, you need to get your credentials for further use of the service. Click Create New Account and follow the instructions. It is absolutely free.
If you have any questions or you need more details about the service and particular registration steps, view the information in section FAQ.
Generating Keystore file
For a new user it is necessary to create a new account and the first step is generating new credentials.
For any operations with an account are used private key and public key which are generated by encrypting password or keyword. To get the key couple and open the wallet enter password. Click Generate Key file.
The system will generate a file with text data that will include private and public keys. You will get the keys as a Keystore file in UTC/JSON format. Be sure that you have carefully saved this data — the keys cannot be restored!
Click Continue to log in.
Unlock your Wallet
To finish the procedure and to open your wallet, you must enter your credentials. In the window Unlock Your Wallet, you will see two fields for entering private and public keys. Fill in these fields and click on Open Your Wallet. Now you have created your account that is ready for use.
Entering an Account
If you already have your credentials, click Unlock Your Wallet. You must enter your credentials to unlock it. Select enter Private Key. (In the next version uploading Keystore/JSON file option will be implemented as an extra method of log in).
Click Open Your Wallet to finish registration.
In your CREDITS Wallet in the upper left column is the available essential information about your account:
- Number of your Wallet (public key) — you can share this number with other members of blockchain for proceeding any transactions and transfer of values.
- Your balance — an amount of CS’s on your balance. Notice, that only inner cryptocurrency Credits (CS) is used for transfers.
- Transaction history — here you can view the latest transactions from your account.
Transactions and Operations
There are two types of transactions available in web version:
Transition of tokens (CS’s);
Executing inside already existing Smart Contract.
Notice, that deploying new compiled Smart Contracts is possible only via console. In alpha-version of the application, Smart Contracts are being proceeded as regular transactions.
Initiating a Transaction
After login the User gets access to the Make a Payment section. It is the main form for proceeding any transactions. Here it is possible to transfer any amount of currency (CS’s) to any other member of CREDITS blockchain.
To make payment:
- Select coins — select from the drop-down list the currency you want to transfer.*
In alpha-version only inner currency (CS’s) is used.
Insert recipient's public key in the field To address which opened on CREDITS (only)
Amount in CS - enter amount of credits you want to transfer.
- Check whether all the information is entered correctly and click Generate transaction
- Verify your transaction. After verification you get Transaction Code. It is an encrypted code containing information about current operation that is being transmitted to other blockchain members.
Before sending CS’s check the following fields: To address, Transaction sum, Transaction Fee.
- The option See on CREDITS Monitor allows a person to view the information about recent operations.
Privacy and Security
To guarantee safety and security of your credentials, please follow the essential rules of safety.
- Choose the secure storage for the file containing the private key. To be sure that this information will not be lost, create reserve copy of the document.
- Use antivirus to provide security of this data file.
- Install special extensions in your web-browser, e.g. Cryptonite by MetaCert to avoid getting on malicious websites.
- Do not trust any messages and URLs contained in direct messages.
- Always check the reliability of the source.
- While buying tokens, do not trust any source except the official site.
- Do not run any applications for remote access at your computer (TeamViewer, Ammy, Admin, Supremo), especially if you store your credentials here.
- Clean the cache, search history and autofill forms if you visited a malicious website.
- Check and verify every transaction you have proceeded in CREDITS Monitor.
- CREDITS Administration never ask you to share your private key.
- If your device is required to be serviced, logout from your account beforehand.
- Remember about phishing while entering your email on websites. Crimes using phishing software in Google Ads and email letters are widespread in the cryptocurrency sphere. Be sure that the domain Credits.com is in the email and is written correctly (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Never go to websites by clicking on ad banners in Google. If the code of your private key is stolen by a phishing source, you can lose all your currency.
- Always check recipient’s addresses twice. There are programs which can alter using a copy-paste procedure and substitute another address instead of the sender’s real one. So in cases like that, you could be transfering your currency to a fraudster. We recommend to sending a micro-transfer at first to be sure that the transaction is correct and verified. Then only after that, you can transfer the full sum of money.
- Check blocking. Using the web-wallet is critically important to ensure that your browser has a SSL-security mark. This encryption technology guarantees that browsing this source is encrypted. The address of the website must be written with HTTPS and NOT HTTP and you should see locker icon in the URL field.